Next World Tarot is by Cristy C. Road, an art historian and tarot practitioner. I am thrilled to share today my Next World Tarot Review.
The deck has been under development for years, but only now is it seeing the light of day. There are several versions of the deck. There are the original Next World Tarot decks, which are very limited in availability. Also, there are the Next World Tarot Collector’s Edition decks, which are much more common. And, there are the Next World Tarot Deluxe Edition decks, which are pretty much limited.
She was born in Miami, Florida, and is a Cuban-American artist, illustrator, author, writer, graphic novelist, and punk-rock musician. All her work, posters, music, writings, and autobiographical literary pieces explore the concepts of feminism, queer culture, and social issues. Through the strong power of her visual storytelling, she has been able to thrive and prove the beauty of imperfection through her art.
As of now, she has over 20 years of relevant experience as a published artist and author. She’s also gained experience working and creating illustrations for magazines, record albums, event posters, etc. She worked with social justice organizations to spread knowledge and awareness and has taught unconventionally through lectures and workshops across America.
- Hardcover Book
- C. Road, Cristy (Author)
Last update on 2021-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Let’s check out more on Next World Tarot.
Next World Tarot Review: Hardcover Art Collection
This tarot has explicitly been in the spotlight for its honest show of visioning the ideas and concepts of justice, resilience, accountability, and the little hint of magic in tarot. Her creation speaks out about various social problems, including race and gender. This tarot discusses the matter of endangered cultures, outlaws, and injustice in the manner of storytelling, and she imagined a new world where the justice system relied on revolution, respect, and resistance. You can follow the journey in this deck about breaking down systematic oppression and calling out the other taboos and unjustified social norms. This deck features the outlaws and their battle cries and how they reconnect with their criminalized identities and go about in their lives. The deck is worthy of giving it a try.
Features and Specifications:
It is available in the hardcover and cards version in the language of English on Amazon. It was published on 15th June 2020 by Silver Sprocket Publications. Also, it weighs about 2.4 pounds and has a dimension of about 8 x 1 x 12 inches.
- This deck has 78 cards.
- The accompanying book has 176 full-colored pages.
- The cards are at a very impressive measurement of 9 inches x 12 inches, and they are written in both English and Spanish.
- The great quality of the cards makes it easy to shuffle and do readings on.
- The depictions of true people and communities in the artwork and their similarity to our society are astonishing.
- The cards are driven and call out many critical political issues and social crimes.
- For spreading awareness or giving it as a gift, these cards can be used for multiple purposes.
- The cards have an excellent quality which is a bargain for its affordable price range.
- The amount of thought and work put into this deck is stunning and impressive.
- The deck features many people of color and people of different cultures and religions.
- This card stock can be both used or kept as a means of collection for tarot enthusiasts.
Being aware of the dire matters of the world and reimagining them with the intense power and art of tarot, this deck can genuinely be empowering and awakening for many. The deck shows the much-needed information and knowledge to indeed be of use to these groups of people.
Last update on 2021-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You May Also Like: