While I am not a fan of the Tarot reading itself, I am a fan of the Bare-Bones Tarot because it is a great, simple, and inexpensive way to explore and learn about the Tarot. I am not a Tarot reader and don’t plan on becoming one, but the Bare-Bones Tarot is a great way for neophytes to learn about the Tarot and is a practical and useful tool for Tarot beginners. This article is the Bare-Bones Tarot Review with the advantages, disadvantages, previous users’ experiences, and product specifications.
With this review, I will give the bare-bones basics of the subject, as I consider it important to do so. I will also give my opinion of the book as a whole, as well as how it would be useful to those interested in learning more about the Tarot and/or the book and author.
In Bare-Bones Tarot, author Laura Pitisci provides a thorough introduction to the Tarot that goes beyond the “what” and “how” of the Tarot. She explains the history of the Tarot, its symbols, and how they relate to the Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot Deck.
About the Author
Vincent Pitisci is a Tarot publisher and experienced reader/teacher. Vincent Pitisci shares his experience of how to read effectively after 25 years. He has written seven books on the subject thus far.
- Pitisci (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
Last update on 2022-08-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Bare-Bones Tarot Review
A fantastic resource for both novice and experienced readers. Pitisci’s research has significantly improved our knowledge of why Tarot card interpretations are so successful. Not only will Bare-Bones Tarot teach you how to interpret Tarot cards.
It will show why this centuries-old approach is capable of fantastic results in a big breakthrough form. Pitisci leads you step-by-step through ground-breaking Tarot expertise with over 1000 graphics and images that clarify card interpretations and uses.
Bare-Bones Tarot is a useful addition to the bookshelf of today’s Tarot aficionado, as it is simple to read but packed with knowledge. The book is adorned with the author’s original Tarot of Marseilles by Pitisci, making it an effective accompaniment for all Tarot decks in circulation today.
Features & Specifications:
- The author’s thoughts on the tarot are mostly expressed in the preface and first chapter, which may appear to be a condemnation of card symbolism at first inspection, but this isn’t the case.
- The second chapter is devoted to his description of how tarot cards operate.
- The interpretations of the cards are discussed in the third chapter.
- The fourth chapter on card spreads is likewise substantial, and it may be the book’s true centerpiece.
- The final chapter has a summary.
This deck was independently published on December 11, 2020. The paperback edition has 468 pages written in English. The item weighs 1.78 pounds, and its dimensions are 7 x 1.06 x 10 inches.
Previous Users’ Experiences
- The author encourages us to develop our path with the Tarot and be independent of the conventional connotations, rather than remembering arbitrary definitions that someone else chooses to attach to the cards.
- The author’s way of bringing intellectual mixing to the Tarot removes the element of spirituality and “wonder.”
- By using his intellect, anyone may read the Tarot without being clairvoyant, “talented,” or “instinctive” (whatever such terms imply).
- Another noteworthy feature is that the author gives interpretations for cards popular in the 1960s (when he first started to read) and the 1980s, demonstrating how interpretations evolve through time and that it’s fine to assign our interpretations to the cards.
- Instead of the psycho-spiritual perspective that is currently trendy, this is a more realistic approach to the Tarot. This doesn’t require any astrology or Kabbalah.
The book dispels the mystique around the tarot, revealing the fundamentals, how it works, and why it tends to work. This book also includes instances of spreads in operation and instructions on how to read cards in specific regions.
In summary, Bare-Bones Tarot is an excellent book for beginners who are looking for a book that goes beyond the beginner basics. It’s extremely well-done and will be a great resource for beginners who want to learn more about the cards. With excellent instruction and writing, along with beautiful card art, Bare-Bones Tarot is highly recommended.
Last update on 2022-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
You May Also Like: