The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot was crafted by Voodoo Priestess Sallie Ann Glassman and Louis Martinie. This article involves all the details about the new Orleans Voodoo Tarot Review with the advantages, disadvantages, previous users’ experiences, and product specifications.
The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot is a unique deck built on the mystical foundation of the old Marseilles/Bordeaux Voodoo Tarot. It is one of the few decks to include both Major and Minor Arcana.
The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot is an excellent deck for divining your future, past, present, and/or present to come. If you are new to Tarot or are looking for a deck that you can use for daily readings, the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot is perfect for you!
New Orleans Voodoo Tarot Meaning:
The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot is a detailed tarot deck with a very specific meaning and purpose. It’s not a beginner’s tarot, nor is it a deck for people who can’t read the cards. This gives it a very exclusive appeal.
However, if you are a tarot reader who wants a deck that is easy to understand and has a clear meaning, then this deck is not for you. All of the cards have a name associated with them, which is even printed on the card. You can easily see what each card represents and what they mean, even for a novice.
The new New Orleans Voodoo Tarot of the Sentala Family is a beautifully designed, traditional tarot deck that is sure to delight the tarot enthusiast of all ages. The cards are printed on high-quality paper, with clean black-and-white images, creating a totally new look for the tarot card set.
- The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot/Book and Card Set
- Martinié, Louis (Author)
About the Author
Louis Martinie is a musician and an educator who has been the editor of Black Moon Publishing for the past 15 years. He is a skilled drummer who can play both holy and secular tunes. Sallie Ann Glassman received her education at Columbia University and the New Orleans Arts Center.
The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot Review
The essence and images of Voodoo’s African, West Indian, and Catholic inspirations are captured in the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot book and a 79-card deck. Voodoo’s rituals are historical and earth-honoring, taking on diverse forms depending on time and location. Still, their core remains focused on the loa—the powerful spiritual powers of Voodoo expressed immediately through human beings and their activities.
- The authors all compare the Waite and Thoth Tarots, the Kabalistic Tree of Life, and the Voodoo tradition as performed in New Orleans.
- The loa of Voodoo symbolize the fundamental powers of the creation, just as the major and minor arcana of the Tarot reflects the archetypes of the human mind and the forces of nature of our planet.
- The authors demonstrate how the Tarot can be an intellectual conduit. The loa deploy their powers to instruct, counsel, and introduce the earnest learner into their secrets through various spreads and interpretations.
Destiny Books published the First Printing edition on July 1, 1992. The paperback has 288 pages written in English. The item weighs 2.35 pounds, and its dimensions are 6 x 2 x 9 inches.
Previous Users’ Experiences
- The very first comprehensive tarot deck to honor African-American society’s mystical origins and traditions.
- New Orleans Voodoo Tarot is a remarkable accomplishment.
- A visual masterpiece as well as an intriguing look into the enigmatic yet intriguing mythology of Voodoo.
- Because it is a logical outgrowth of the New World faith it depicts, the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot is probably the first authentically American tarot.
- Glassman’s artwork perfectly depicts the Voodoo consistency’s bright and exuberant spirit, and Glassman’s and Martinie’s accompanying prose is plain and straightforward.
- This set is essential for anyone fascinated by Voodoo or who enjoys using and collecting unusual tarot cards.
- The artistry is impressive and frequently surprising, presenting complicated and ancient themes through bold, simple forms that incorporate motifs from contemporary New Orleans.
This deck will assist you in finding yourself and your view of the universe. It’s incredibly straightforward, truthful, and enlightening. It is aware of your thoughts.
You May Also Like:
- Erotic Fantasy Tarot Review with (PROs & CONs)
- Mystical Wisdom Card Deck Review & Guide
- Modern Tarot Michelle Tea Review and Guide
- Tarot Interactions | Deborah Lipp
Last update on 2024-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API