If you’re new to tarot cards, having them read can be daunting. How do tarot cards read? Do they work?
There’s no need to worry; tarot cards are safe and can be a fun way to gain insights into your life. Here’s a quick guide on how tarot cards read.
Tarot cards are read by a tarot reader, who will interpret the cards’ meanings for you. The tarot reader will ask you to focus on a question or issue in your life, and then they will lay out the cards in a spread.
The tarot reader will interpret the meanings of the cards based on their position in the spread and the cards next to them. The tarot reader will also consider the card’s suit and number.
Tarot cards can give you insights into your past, present, and future.
Last update on 2022-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Find and be sure about asking a question that makes you curious
What do you want to know? Be careful with your questions because every question should be clear and open-ended. So when you are going to decide on a question, be focused. Otherwise, finding answers to your questions will also be challenging if you are confused. Find a question that is bothering you. Bhai
2. As soon as you have decided what you want to know
Tarot cards should be opened. Once all your cards have been shuffled, it’s time to read them. You can do an overhand shuffle with tarot cards, even though there are many ways to shuffle them. Holding the tarot cards in one hand and moving the cards from one side to another is an excellent way to shuffle tarot cards. A ‘cut’ is another method of dividing the tarot deck into several piles, generally three, and then combining them back into one.
Usually, people divide the deck into three piles. Try spreading your tarot cards facedown on a table, board, floor, etc., if you want to quickly and easily shuffle your cards. Once they are swept into a big pile, messy pile before tapping into a
Then place it again. It is crucial to spread cards.
Be focused and concentrate on your shuffling, even though there is no right or wrong way to do it. If it is your first time shuffling, try all these techniques and see what happens and which style suits you.
3. After shuffling the deck, it is time to draw cards
You are free to draw as many cards as you wish; doing so will help you to access your intuition more effectively. People use cards to connect to their truths, emotional selves, and life paths. There are many ways to shuffle and draw tarot cards, but people usually choose one or more cards they are attracted to, either visually or energetically.
When performing a tarot reading, it is common for the querent to select one or more cards to pull, using intuition to guide their selection. Generally, three cards are removed to gain greater insight into the situation. The tarot cards will then offer a more in-depth look at the question or issue.
4. After you have chosen your cards, you must place them face down in your spread.
The first card you draw symbolizes the past, the second represents the present, and the final card represents the future. Be mindful of the symbols, words, numbers, and images you see–they may contain secret intentions. After you have turned them right side up, you can examine them further. Allow your mind to wander and see what comes to you after taking what you see.
5. When seeking a tarot card reading, please consult a guidebook to ensure you are accurately interpreting the cards.
First, consider your understanding of the card’s meaning. If unsure of the card’s significance, try to guess what it may mean.
6. After you’ve guessed what the cards mean
You can consult a tarot guidebook to be sure. Unless you understand each card, you won’t be able to be guided by the cards.
Tarot cards reading for others
It becomes more complex and challenging when one has to read tarot for others as a beginner. It is more complex, but if you cool your head and calmly start with a fresh mind, then you will be okay with reading tarot cards for others. You must focus on how you read tarot cards for yourself and do the same. If you practice it with your friend, then after some time, you will be able to read tarot for others very well. There are some steps to read tarot cards for a person (or a friend)
- Sit with the person you are reading tarot cards for. If you know her a little, or even if she is interested in tarot cards, it will be good to read tarot. Stay calm, and if you guys are feeling nervous, you can meditate before starting a reading.
- Open a tarot deck you’d like to work with, or if they have any references, then use that deck. If it is the first time, it’s best to use the Rider Waite tarot deck. There are many decks – Thoth tarot deck, Tarot Zen, Shadowscapes Tarot, The Steampunk Tarot, Crystal Vision Tarot, etc. You guys are free to choose any deck.
- Ask the person a question he wants to know, what is bothering him, making him curious, and what is that he is thinking about most. If he faces confusion, then take a long breath and relax. Do not hassle; take some moments to decide.
- After, he decided to shuffle cards as usual. Stay focused and concentrate on the person you are reading for. Tarot card shuffling will help the person meditate on the question he is thinking of asking.
- After giving the tarot cards, a good shuffle spread the cards. Now it is time to pull one or more cards. The person is free to draw cards. Pulling three cards from the spread is helpful because it will tell you a story related to the questions. It will guide the person through the cards you have pulled.
- Put those pulling cards in front of the person all facedown. Tell him to take some time and think about it instead of looking for a tarot reading guidebook. Let him guess.
- Now tell him to ask the cards a question. Then he can flip the cards but remember he can flip one at a time. During all this time, he must have been focused on what it might mean before moving on. If he knows the meaning of the tarot cards, then it is just fine.
- After flipping all those cards, place them together and try to understand what it means, bring a guess, and try to get the clues. It is not necessary to be as exact as the guidebook.
- Finally, finishing all these steps, you can go for details in the tarot cards reading guidebook with the person. If you do this carefully, the person will find his hopes for guidance and answers to his questions.
If you practice regularly, then with time, you can scan tarot cards, freely use them, and develop them. As you become more familiar with tarot readings, you will start to understand how the cards work together and how they can be used to provide insights into your life. With time and practice, your understanding of the tarot will grow, allowing you to provide more accurate and helpful readings for yourself and others. Suppose you do not feel comfortable memorizing the meanings of tarot cards or having to reference a guidebook. In that case, you can still read for others by understanding the general purpose of each position.
Since tarot cards are not based on science, they are more of an art form that deals with psychological issues; the tarot cards will not give you a straight answer. It would be more beneficial to use clues and hints to find answers to your questions. By consulting the tarot, you can receive guidance and clarity on your current situation. The tarot can also present an understanding of the future, helping you make informed decisions about the best course of action.
The use of tarot cards varies from person to person. Some use them for meditation, some for finding answers to questions, and some for fun.
Does tarot card reading really work?
There’s no definitive answer to this question since everyone’s experiences with tarot card readings will differ. Some people swear by the accuracy of readings, while others find them to be complete nonsense. If you’re thinking about getting a reading, it’s important to go in with an open mind and see what the cards say for yourself.
That being said, there are some general things to remember regarding tarot readings.
First, the reader is not a fortune teller, and they cannot predict your future. The tarot cards can provide guidance and clarity on certain aspects of your life, but they cannot tell you what will happen in the future.
Secondly, tarot readings are meant to be taken as generalities. The readings are not meant to be taken literally; you should use your intuition and judgment to interpret the meaning of the cards.
Keep these things in mind, and you should have a positive and insightful experience with your tarot.
Last update on 2022-11-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In conclusion, the reading process looks pretty personal. The cards seem to speak directly to the person receiving them. The reader has the freedom to interpret the cards how they wish, which can give the reader some freedom in choice. However, the reader must ultimately trust their instincts.