Crowley Thoth Tarot is a small deck of beautifully illustrated cards that is a fusion of Aleister Crowley’s Thoth Tarot and a traditional tarot deck. The deck was designed by A.C. and Frieda Harris and has been published by Lo Scarabeo. Let’s check the Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot Review.
Thoth Tarot in a small format in hardcover in full color. This is a great introduction to the Thoth Tarot, the most well-known of Crowley’s many decks. Harris’s artwork is stunning and makes the cards much more appealing than the rather dull stock artwork in most Thoth packs.
Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot is an image-based tarot deck. The deck features images of various deities, angels, and archetypes, which are used to create the cards. The images are found in the book “Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot”, which is an absolute must-have for tarot enthusiasts. The images are all drawn by Lady Frieda Harris, who is, in my opinion, an amazing tarot artist. However, if you’re not into the book, the images may not be for you.
Aleister Crowley Thoth tarot deck meanings:
Aleister Crowley Thoth tarot deck is a popular study of the self, and Thoth tarot readers use them to gain insights into the individual’s character, their motivations, and their potential. There are many theories of tarot card symbolism, including the ‘Egyptian’ and ‘French’ traditions, which use slightly different approaches to define card meanings, but these can be applied across most decks. Thoth tarot cards are based on the Egyptian tarot and use a similar, but more detailed, symbolism system.
The Thoth tarot deck is a modern deck of 78 cards. The 78 cards are divided into the four suits of the traditional tarot deck—knaves, cups, wands, and pentacles—and 22 major arcana cards. Crowley’s Thoth tarot deck was his interpretation of the tarot, and he also made his own set of playing cards for each court card in the Thoth tarot deck.
- Crowley Thoth Tarot deck - A magnificent reproduction of the famous...
- Deck based on the original paintings of Lady Frieda Harris
Aleister Crowley was born in 1857 and died in 1947. He was a world-renowned English master of occultism, an author and a magician. He had founded the Philosophy of Thelema, an organization featuring a religion with its deep-rooted connection with ancient Egyptian mythology along with eastern and western mysticism.
Lady Freida Harris was born in 1877 and died in 1962. She was an artist and she associated with Aleister Crowley for creating the Thoth Tarot deck. She had exceptional skills as a painter and she combined her artistic abilities as a painter along with her knowledge of Rudolf Steiner’s Anthroposophy to visualize the concept and idea and materialize the Thoth Tarot deck.
Let’s check out more on Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot Small.
Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot Small Review:
This deck was created and visualized by two of the powerful creators of the occultism era and was highly favoured. The U.S. Games Systems launched the small version of this deck due to its popularity still being fresh among modern readers today.
The occultism scholar and instructor Aleister Crowley along with talented Lady Frieda Harris brought together their experience and knowledge and created this mind-blowing deck. This deck contains the kabbalistic and astrological attributions and also the Hebrew vectorization and the path on the Tree of Life. Besides the deck is rich in art and filled with exotic and esoteric Egysptianysmbolsims.
The deck has numerous references to the astrological signs, elements or planets and also the discussion of twenty-two major trumps. Crowley was also interested in alchemy magic and his interest can be reflected upon this deck very easily.
This deck has a famous reputation and a worldwide following like its peers, the RWS deck. This is both for its striking beauty and visuals as well as its complex depictions about occult knowledge. Since its publication in 1969, it has never once been out of print or availability.
Features and Specifications:
It is available in the version of cards on Amazon in the language of English. It was published on 15th January 1998 by the U.S. Games Systems Inc. it weighs about 7.8 ounces and has a dimension of about 3 x 1.25 x 4.5 inches.
- The deck has 78 cards.
- The deck comes in a small, hand-pocket size.
- This deck is accompanied by a guidebook written by the authors.
- The guidebook includes two essays; one introductory one from author Frieda Harris and another commentary essay by Stuart R. Kaplan.
- This deck is recommended by tarot and occultist scholars and experts.
- This version of the deck resonates and is the same as the original one.
- The introduction to the occult through this deck is very important for any occult scholar or enthusiast to start his journey with.
- The insightful and intuitive writings of Crowley has made the deck even more interesting and very enjoyable to learn from it.
- Readers can muddle through the rich symbols and meanings hidden around this deck with interest and excitement.
- The deeper knowledge gained by consulting this deck is astronomical.
- Most of the cards speak to the readers and are very self-explanatory.
- The visual and art of this deck is fantastic too.
- The symbols, interpretations and meanings of the deck will inspire you and motivate you to move forward.
This deck has a part of history written within itself and this version allows the readers to have easy access to this. The accessibility of this deck has made it easier for readers to get the same messages from this legendary deck.
You May Also Like:
- Truly Easy Tarot Book: Review & Buying Guide
- The Thoth Tarot Book and Cards Set Review
- Aleister Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck: Real Review
- Tarot The Library of Esoterica Deck: Review
- Lenormand Oracle Cards and Book- Review
Last update on 2024-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API