The New Mythic Tarot (NM) is a brand new deck, created by Juliet Sharman-Burke and Liz Greene, based on the old Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot, but with a modern take that reflects our current age.
The cards are in a new, easy to read, original, modern size and the images are taken from the Tarot deck and blended with the shapes of the cards in a new way.
We have provided the details on The New Mythic Tarot in the article. Check them out below.
- Brand New
Juliet Sharman-Burke is a practising analytic psychotherapist who has taught tarot and astrology for two decades. The cards are made in collaboration with Liz Greene, and in addition to these, there is a book on mythic imagery called The Mythic Tarot. She currently resides in England.
Giovanni Caselli is a famous artist specialising in the ancient world and literature, art, mythology, and tarot cards. He currently resides in Italy.
The New Mythic Tarot Deck Review:
Since 1986, over a million copies of The Mythic Tarot have been sold in numerous countries worldwide. To mark the twenty-fifth anniversary of the novel’s publication, this edition of the book has been revised, and the text and images have been brought up to date while retaining internationally renowned artist Giovanni Caselli’s contributions.
The New Mythic Tarot Combines all elements that have made it so necessary in the original form for all the Tarot Enthusiast- a cover depicting the gods and goddesses, heroes and heroines of Greek myths, and a book helping readers to explore them as familiar archetypes whose experiences mirror everyday changes and patterns.
The New Mythic Tarot-Features and Specifications:
This deck was published by the St. Martin’s Press; Box Tcr Pa edition on August 02, 2011. It appears in the English language and has 224 pages of a guidebook. Moreover, it weighs 2.3 pounds and has 6.41*2.29*10.11 dimensions of inches.
- It features a completely revised and updated edition of one of the few true classic book and card tarot kits that breathe new life into this classic work, which will appeal to both long-time devotees and newcomers.
Previous Buyers’ Experience:
- Its artwork is beautiful, and some truly amazing narrative relationships inspire its structure with the cards.
- This new version comes with a much expanded and improved companion book.
- Some buyers claimed that this newer version’s updated graphics are not good but still good reading.
- Its artwork is appalling compared to the original version, and the book is worth the purchase alone.
- Some buyers claimed that the pictures on the box look like the original deck, so the whole packaging is misleading.
- The card that provided basic art is the same, but the faces of the characters are different.
- The book provided is well detailed and well written too.
- They provided everything a beginner would need to get started reading tarot, including methodology and basic spreads.
- Its card stock is of high quality and feels built last.
- The card of this deck is the same as the size of the Rider-Waite cards.
- Some buyers claimed that its card stock is smaller than the original one.
- The book is much larger than the original one, so it is less portable and of better quality.
- Its cards may not be as strong as others, but they are manageable and shuffles well.
- Its book is helpful, and the cars are very well drawn and printed.
- Some buyers claimed that its artwork is ok but is very unprofessional compared to the original one.
New Mythic Tarot was an important part of the culmination of the modern effort. The purpose of this deck is to share, for those who are interested, a new understanding of and interest in the deeper meaning of the cards.
You May Also Like:
- Mythical Goddess Tarot Cards Deck: Review
- Where to Buy Best Oracle Cards?
- Best Romance Oracle Cards for Love & Relationship Reading
- Mermaid Tarot Cards Deck- Review
- Lenormand Oracle Cards and Book- Review
Last update on 2024-02-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API