If you wonder why it is essential to incorporate psychology in business or industry, let us tell you that business is all about understanding people’s mindsets revolving around the marketplace. Hence, you cannot deny the existence of psychology in business. This can also be termed as sales, trading, or market psychology.
In business psychology, human psychology and business strategy applications are combined to reap its benefit or brand. The term would help a company improve employees’ work efficiency of employees, increase productivity, and introduce a precise organizational technique.
To understand the consumer well, to know market place vividly, and even know your employees well, psychology is a must in the business area.
Let’s learn about business psychology and how it can improve business quality or the brand.
Importance of Business Psychology
The practitioners can help you in incorporating psychology into your business for a better work environment and profit.
Advise. A business psychologist would offer you improvement techniques from an unbiased point of view. Their prime objective is to focus on the development of areas such as:
- Views of employers
- Engagement of employee
- Views of employee
- Staff retention
Diagnose: To address the issue, the psychologist starts diagnosis using scientific tools such as psychometric tests. This helps them understand vastly about the company, the employers, and the employee.
Design solution and deliver. Yes! The business psychologist would design to solve your company’s issue, which is realistic and practical. This will primarily help you overcome challenges in your brand. The technique designed would also be put into practice to bring out a positive outcome.
Final evaluation. It’s not enough that a plan is designed and implemented; you also need to evaluate the outcome to see the succession rate.
Hence, with regards to their plan and action, they also evaluate their techniques. How much it helped and if more strategies are necessary.
|1||Mindset: The New Psychology of Success||6,825 Reviews||$17.00 $7.13||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Revised Edition||5,621 Reviews||$18.99 $10.99||Buy on Amazon|
|3||The Psychology of Money: Timeless lessons on wealth, greed, and happiness||2,227 Reviews||$18.99 $15.88||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Thinking, Fast and Slow||13,451 Reviews||$18.00 $8.99||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2020-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top 10 Business Psychology Books
10 psychology books are important for every business person or student to be a business or I-O psychology expert.
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Redirect by Timothy Wilson
- Drive by Daniel Pink
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- 12. Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
- Mind Hacking: How to Rewire Your Brain to Stop Overthinking, Create Better Habits and Realize Your Life Goals by Jennifer Ferguson
- The Talent Code: Greatness Isn’t Born. It’s Grown by Daniel Coyle
- The Inner Winner: Performance Psychology Tactics That Give You An Unfair Advantage by Simone Hazeldine
- Consumer.ology: The Market Research Myth, the Truth About Consumers, and the Psychology of Shopping by Philip Graves
Last updated: on 2020-11-15 / In the top 10 books, there are affiliate links from Amazon Product Advertising. We earn affiliate commissions from qualifying purchases.
Business Psychology Courses
If you want to get your university degree in this field, you will experience psychological perspectives in many business areas. The course includes:
- Psychological assessment for employee
- Learning training and development
- Professional and research skill in recommend field
- Psychological management system in the work environment
- Marketing strategy for psychologists
- Skill management system for consultant
- Leadership, Motivation and Engagement system
Areas of Practice in Business Psychology:
Business psychology is the field of industrial and organizational psychology. It focuses on every workplace aspect of people. It aims to create a healthy and productive environment between people and organizations.
- Evidence-based psychological and psychometric assessment to select the employee and personal growth.
- Teaching and mentoring the personnel for creating a safe working environment
- Taking regular based treatment for personal development
- Job analysis and design from a psychological perspective
- Development of leadership
- Creating soft skill training for the employee
- Facilitation of the meeting, workshop, etc.
- Organizational improvement statistics
- Career advise for the job employee
- Positive self-growth and team building
- Increase the total psychological development in the man-machine system
Business Psychology Careers
You can build your carrier in the renowned 6 professions:
- Industrial Counselor.
- Human Resource Executive.
- Marketing Executive.
- Corporate Consultant.
- Human Factors Specialist.
- College Professor.
Business Psychology Degree
There is a various university where you can receive your degree as a business psychologist like Grand Canyon University, Purdue University Global, Walden University, Capella University, etc.
If you want to be a business psychologist, you will need to complete a graduate degree in Business or I-O psychology. When you study for an MS degree, you have to have a short-term placement or internship in business management. This placement may be 3 months-1 a year, which depends on the university’s requirements.
Business psychology salary
A business psychologist’s average annual salary might be $86,511 in the United States (As of Nov 6, 2020), $77,350 in 2015, and $65,000 in 2012. If you have more than 10 years’ experience, you can earn above $100,000 yearly.
Research in Business or Organizational Psychology
Business psychologist broadly researches and investigate the organizational practice. They use qualitative and quantitative research in cross-sectional and longitudinal approaches to get effective results—the data collection methods as common as other psychological research. Questionnaires, surveys, group focuses, case studies, and interview methods are used to collect data. For analytic research, it uses descriptive and inferential statistics, content, and thematic.
To understand business issues or to thrive, you must practice your business’s psychological understanding. If you can better understand your brand, know your employees well, understand the market and customers, the outcome would be tremendous.
And business psychologist could help you understand problems that are loitering or hindering your business to growth. They provide you with a solution and also assess the complete result. Therefore, it is wise not to avoid psychology in your organization or industry and understand business psychology well.
You may also like:
- 40 Studies that Changed Psychology by Roger R. Hock, Buying Guide Review
- Best Psychology Books on Human Behavior to Learn Human Psyche
- How to manipulate people’s minds | Best dark psychology books
- Best Psychology Books of All Time | Top 10 Books Based on Psychology
- Best Social Psychology Books of all Time