This entry continues my series comparing Druidcraft Tarot vs Wildwood Tarot in the hope that one of you will have a better understanding of the decks you love to use! This is the first time I’ve featured two decks in one post. Both of these decks are wonderful sources of inspiration, and by showing how they differ, I hope that you will find the one most suited to your own needs.
For years I have been comparing Druidcraft Tarot with Wildwood Tarot. I love the look of them both, and they both look like they would make for amazing Tarot decks. I also like how each deck has very different looks. There is a similar layout, but each deck looks very different. I like that they are different enough that you cannot mix up the cards in your spreads.
Druidcraft Tarot vs. Wildwood Tarot
The Druidcraft Tarot is an oracle deck that draws upon Celtic, Druidic, and Arthurian influences to represent the archetypal elements of the self, the self in relationship, and the self in community. The Wildwood Tarot draws upon the same influences as the Druidcraft Tarot, as well as some from the Celtic and Arthurian traditions. Let’s check more details.
This deck is created to seek connection from the natural world. It encourages us to enjoy the land and its seasons. This celebrated deck is developed by Druids while uniting the two primary streams of Western pagan tradition: Wicca and Druidry.
Its stunning visuals have been developed from an ancient collection of teachings and story-telling and the other ancient notions of numerology, which have inspired the artist, Will Worthington, from Sacred Geometry.
This deck was published through the TCR Box Cr edition. It first came out on February 01, 2010. Its language is English and 80 cards of pages. It comes with a weight of 1.1 pounds and has a dimension of 4*1.5*5.75 inches.
- The Wildwood Tarot: Wherein Wisdom Resides
- Ryan, Mark (Author)
This Wildwood tarot is here to take us into the mystical journey for answers. It is stimulated by pre-Celtic mythology and shamanic secrets and based on seasonal cycles and ancient festivals. Its visual appearance exposes us to traditional forest archetypes.
It encourages us to use these forest archetypes for seeking mediation or spiritual practices. These wildwood tarot images take us to the world to feel our emotions and to know our life journey where it leads to us.
Sterling Ethos published this product, Kit edition, and was first available on June 07, 2011. It comes in the English language and has 160 pages of card book. It weighs 1.55 pounds and has 6.2*1.3*8.5 dimensions of inches.
Review of the differences between Druidcraft Tarot and Wildwood Tarot
- Druidcraft Tarot deck helps us seek connection, whereas Wildwood tarot deck takes us on a journey to know our life paths.
- Druidcraft is based on Celtic culture and Wiccan, whereas the wildwood tarot deck is based on seasonal rhythms and ancient festivals.
- There are a few differences in name between the Druidcraft tarot deck and wildwood tarot deck.
- Druidcraft backing is a dark brown, whereas Wildwood tarot is rich dark green in color.
- The booklet of Druidcraft is small, whereas the wildwood tarot booklet is large, but both contain a lot of information.
- Druidcraft card stock is large and hard to shuffle, but wildwood tarot is easier when shuffling.
Summary of the Differences & My Opinion:
In summary, DruidCraft and Wildwood Tarot both are spiritual inquiries. Both decks are compatible with Druidic practice and offer a wealth of knowledge and magic. Which deck will you choose? I would recommend that you choose DruidCraft Tarot because it is more accurate and better researched.
In summary, Druidcraft and Wildwood Tarot are both good decks — Druidcraft Tarot is a new deck and Wildwood Tarot is an older one — and they both have strengths and weaknesses. Druidcraft Tarot is more Pagan and generally darker than Wildwood, but the latter has a lot of extra pictures and “fluff” that some people may enjoy as well as a more coherent and cohesive collection of pictures, some of which present the same concepts as Druidcraft Tarot.
You May Also Like
- Tarot Cards Vs. Playing Cards: Best Reviews
- Best Rider Waite Tarot Deck Review
- Oracle Cards Vs Angel Cards Review
- Tarot Cards Vs. Oracle Cards: Which One is Best?
- Divination Vs. Tarot-What’s the Difference?
Last update on 2023-12-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API