A popular belief system in the southern United States, the Hoodoo blends African, Native American, and European folk magic. It is also sometimes called rootwork or conjure. This type of magic is often used to solve personal problems or achieve goals.
Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic is a comprehensive guide to the practice of hoodoo magic. Written by Catherine Yronwode, a leading expert on Hoodoo, this book provides readers with everything they need to know about this type of magic.
Yronwode begins by explaining the history and origins of the Hoodoo. She then discusses the various tools and techniques used in hoodoo magic. This includes information on how to make and use magical powders, brews, and mojo bags.
This book is an essential resource for anyone interested in hoodoo magic. Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic will show you whether you want to solve a personal problem or achieve a goal.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Catherine Yronwode (Author)
About the Author
Catherine Yronwode, the author, owns the Lucky Mojo Curio Company, which specializes in ancient herb-based metaphysical products. As a former associate editor for Organic Gardening Magazine, she has written widely on horticulture, household handicrafts, collectibles and treasures, graphic novels, countryside culture, and other facets of pop media. She shares her home with her spouse, a puppy, kittens, and birds in Northern California.
Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic: A Materia Magica of African-American Conjure by Catherine Yronwode
This is the only book of its kind, offering exact botanical knowledge about plants and medicines used in conjuring and sample spells for making and using your charm packs, psychic spas, and perfumes.
- This chronological collection of hoodoo souvenirs in botanicals, minerals, and animals was assembled from various oral and written sources.
- The knowledge of using methods is mainly drawn from the Native culture of the Southern United States. However, it can be used by anybody practicing a naturalistic witchcraft practice, regardless of ethnicity.
Lucky Mojo Curio Company published the eleventh edition on August 2, 2002. The paperback format has 224 pages written in English. The item weighs 11.2 ounces, and its dimensions are 0.67 x 0.08 x 1.02 inches.
Previous Users Experiences
- Some reviewers claim this book fails to explain the historical relevance of roots and plants in Hoodoo.
- This book is detailed and explains things in a way anyone can grasp.
This book organizes everything in alphabetical order. Then there will be a list according to need in the rear.
In summary, the impacts of Hoodoo Herb and Root magic on African American life are wide-ranging. Whether it’s relationships, wealth, luck, or health, Hoodoo has magicks that promise to improve lives. Hoodoo is the bridge between science and magic. It’s about living in harmony with the universe and recognizing your connection. It’s about using science as a means of spiritual growth.
You May Also Like the following:
- Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic Review
- Magickal Herb Oracle Review
- The Native American Herbalist’s Bible- Reviews
- Herbal Tarot Deck: Michael Tierra- Real Review
- The Herbcrafter’s Tarot Review
Last update on 2023-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API