Today we will discuss Sex Therapy in Bangladesh. Sex therapy may be a sort of talk therapy designed to assist individuals and couples in addressing medical, psychological, personal, or interpersonal factors impacting sexual satisfaction.
In Bangladesh, The health system is not so capable of providing the proper sexual treatment. The policymakers are not concern about the whole system, yet recent inquiry in both rural and concrete areas reveals that poor women and men resort to informal providers for a variety of those problems.
In 2008 a national survey of casual and formal providers found that there have been only 0.58 qualified doctors for each 1,000 population, far in need of the optimal 2.5 per 1,000 recommended by the planet Health Organization (WHO), and with only 16% located in rural areas.
Bangladesh’s existing health workforce faces mounting challenges, including staff shortages and maldistribution, particularly of professional staff reluctant to figure in rural areas, skill mix imbalances, a hostile work environment, and weak knowledge domain.
This mainly affects maternal and other SRH services as they’re heavily hooked into both professional and lower-tier providers. It’s estimated that over 85% of the population is treated by informal health care workers, who fill the gap between supply and demand.
Aim of Sex Therapy
The goal of sex therapy is to assist people to move past physical and emotional challenges to possess a satisfying relationship and pleasurable sex life. Sexual dysfunction is joint. Forty-three percent of girls and 31 percent of men have experienced sexual dysfunction during their lifetimes. These dysfunctions may include:
- erectile dysfunction
- low libido
- lack of interest
- premature ejaculation
- low confidence
- lack of response to sexual stimulus
- inability to succeed in orgasm
- excessive libido in
- ability to regulate sexual behavior
- distressing sexual thoughts
- unwanted sexual fetishes
Fulfilling sex life is healthy and natural. When sexual dysfunction occurs, having a fulfilling sex life is often tricky.
Sex therapy could also be ready to assist you in reframing your sexual challenges and increase your sexual satisfaction.
Techniques for Sex Therapy
These days, psychologists and other clinicians specialize in restoring sexual functioning and pleasure. They need developed effective treatments for several common conditions:
Lack of desire.
This becomes a common problem when people lack interest in sexual fantasies or activities and suffer distress or relationship problems.
- Treatment may be a multi-step process. Therapists try to make the patient understand and identify negative attitudes about sex, explore the origins of these ideas and find new ways of brooding about sex. The main target then shifts to behavior: therapists may ask clients to stay diaries of their sexual thoughts, watch erotic films or develop fantasies. Therapists also address any relationship problems.
Male erectile dysfunction.
When the penis fails to prepare for intercourse, pleasure becomes impossible.
- The cause is usually a mixture of physical and psychological factors. Physical problems are illnesses like diabetes or side effects for medicines. one of the most psychological causes is performance anxiety. After the primary incident, men sometimes get so nervous the matter occurs again.
- Therapy focuses on reducing anxiety by taking the main target off intercourse. For men with sexual problems, medication or devices can help.
Ejaculation is premature when, after intercourse begins; it causes emotional distress.
- While the causes still aren’t understood, treatment works in most cases. Therapy focuses on behavioral training. Together with his partner’s help, the person learns to face up to stimulation for extended and longer periods.
Painful intercourse is recurrent or persistent genital pain that causes significant distress or problems in a relationship.
- Most cases, especially among men, involve a physical problem. A specialist doctor should play a vital role here. For women, the standard treatment focuses on relaxation training.
You May Also Like:
- Best Psychiatrist in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- National Mental Health Institute (NMHI), Dhaka
- Pabna Mental Hospital Treatment in Bangladesh
- Is CBT Available In Bangladesh? YES/NO
- Best Private Mental Hospital in Dhaka Bangladesh
- Best Counseling Center in Dhaka
- Psychological Treatments for Drug Addiction in BD